Monday, January 4, 2010

Build GTK-gnutella on Debian 3.1 Sarge

I keep writing about Debian 3.1 Sarge which is an outdated release. Yet, Debian Sarge has some historical values. I use Sarge as the minimum base for my Internet computer. Today, I compiled GTK-gnutella on Debian Sarge. For preparation, I installed the following packages:



  • gcc
  • make
  • zlib1g-dev
  • libxml2-dev
  • libgtk2.0-dev


GTK-gnutella depends on GNUtls library for secure communication. I downloaded and compiled libgpg-error, libgcrypt, libtasn and gnutls in the order. They all have the same procedure.



./configure --build=i586-pc-linux-gnu --prefix=/usr --disable-shared
make
make install


Then, I unpacked gtk-gnutella source and configured it.


./Configure


Since I built gnutls statically, I had to modify src/Makefile slightly.


GNUTLS_LDFLAGS = -lgnutls -ltasn1 -lgcrypt -lgpg-error


I started compilation.



make
make install


The resulting executable depends on gtk+ 2.0 and libxml2 externally and works on Sarge, Etch, Lenny and Sid all.

1 comment:

  1. Hi,your blog is very well organized keep it like that
    your friend

    ReplyDelete

About This Blog

KBlog logo This blog is about current events and issues concerning general population. Thanks for visiting the blog and posting your comments.

© Contents by KBlog

© Blogger template by Emporium Digital 2008

Followers

Total Pageviews

icon
Powered By Blogger