Sunday, October 18, 2009

Setting Up Windows 7 on Compaq Presario V5306US

I installed Windows 7 Home Premium on my old Compaq Presario V5306US notebook. Installation went without a problem, but 3 hardware components were not detected. They are:


  • ATI Mobility RADEON XPRESS X200M Series

  • In-Build Conexant ATI AC '97 Modem

  • HP Quick Launch Buttons


Since both of the built-in Ethernet and wireless network adapters are detected by Windows 7, I started Windows Update and installed the display driver through Windows Update. Drivers for the modem and quick launch buttons can be downloaded from HP/Compaq support site. For the quick launch buttons, extract the package with 7-zip and only install the driver.

The following pictures are taken from the device manager that list devices available in Compaq Presario V5306US.








3 comments:

  1. Hi, someone just gave me this same exact laptop. I was thinking about putting Windows 7 on it, just as you did. I was hoping that you might be able to answer a couple of questions before i do. What was the performance like? What it sluggish? Also, is this computer still working now? Thanks for time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, rockinfarmer

    The performance was acceptable when Windows 7 was installed on this laptop. But I recall I was unable to get Aero visual effects working. Before I could test it further, I reinstalled Windows XP on the laptop and sold it. I hear from the buyer that the laptop is still working.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kenjoey,

    Thanks for the reply and also for telling me about your experience. I think i'm going to try to install one of the distribution of Linux. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete

About This Blog

KBlog logo This blog is about current events and issues concerning general population. Thanks for visiting the blog and posting your comments.

© Contents by KBlog

© Blogger template by Emporium Digital 2008

Followers

Total Pageviews

icon
Powered By Blogger